What kind of qualifications does a Physical Therapist need? What types of education/training do your therapists have?
Similar to medical doctors and highly educated health professionals, Physical Therapists go through significant training in undergraduate and graduate level education. Physical therapists have graduated from an accredited post baccalaureate program and passed their state board examinations. Depending on the university, the physical therapy program is either a masters or doctorate level degree. Physical Therapists (PTs) and Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) are licensed by their respective states.
- A prescription for physical therapy from your referring physician, nurse practioner, physicians assistant, or midwife
- Insurance information (we will take a copy of your card)
- In case of an automobile accident or worker’s compensation claim, also bring any insurance contact names, phone numbers and your claim number.
The physical therapist will:
- Complete your evaluation, which typically consists of getting a thorough past medical history and testing your functional movement, flexibility and strength; and
- Initiate treatment to help eliminate pain and establish a unique and specific plan of care.
Yes, once you have completed your therapy sessions, we offer:
- Our weight loss and conditioning program, The Weight Loss Intervention Center of Long Island, which is designed specifically for each client. Following a background in the client’s medical and exercise history, initial testing is completed to determine current physical fitness level. Members of this program receive an exercise and nutrition program, which will evolve as the client’s needs change.
- A conditioning program catered to athletes looking to train for their specific sport.
All programs are tailored to meet your specific needs and help you maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
Contactusat (516) 731-3583
What time are you open?
Monday:8:30 AM – 7:00 PM Tuesday:7:30 AM – 6:00 PM Wednesday:8:30 AM – 7:00 PM Thursday:7:30 AM – 6:00 PM Friday:7:30 AM – 6:00 PM Saturday:8:00 AM – 2:00 PM Sunday:CLOSED