Lately, a lot of people I know have been making excuses as to why they’re not in shape. Usually, my first thought is that they’re just a lazy person, they don’t like working out, and they expect results without taking any action. Sadly, I’m usually right.
With that being said, I’m here to tell you that there is an easy way to get in great upper body shape for those of you who don’t like gyms, leaving your home, or lifting weights… The answer? Simple… push-ups and sit-ups! With just these two exercises, your core, upper body, neck, hip flexors, endurance, and your back are strengthened and improved.
Yet, you can’t just do sit-ups and push-ups once and expect to see results. Just like everything else in life, consistency is key. If you continuously do these workouts daily, you will 100% see some changes. Just please make sure you use the right form! Wouldn’t want anyone getting hurt after reading this… just to try and assure that doesn’t happen, here’s a few tips on how to perform a proper push-up and sit-up:
Proper Push-Up: (Via heathline.com)
1. Keep your back straight and your core engaged.
2. Your butt should be down, not lifted.
3. Your body should form a strait line. Don’t arch your back or let your body sag down.
Proper Sit-Up: (Via Healthline.com)
1. Lie down on your back.
2. Bend your legs and place feet firmly on the ground to stabilize your lower body.
3. Cross your hands to opposite shoulders or place them behind your ears without pulling on your neck.
4. Curl your body all the way up toward your knees, exhale as you lift.
5. Slowly, lower yourself down, returning to your starting point. Inhale as you lower.